My housemate Emily and I are looking for a new housemate around the time I get back from my travels. It’s for a smallish room in a largish house in Thornbury, in Melbourne’s inner north. Would suit a feminist fan who’s also a foodie, or something along those lines. It’s $152/week or $658 a month, and available from October 10th.
Click through for the full description/room ad and more details than you could poke a stick at. Please feel free to share this with anyone you know who might be interested.
Room in established Thornbury share house available mid-October. $152/week.
- We are two adult women/genderqueer peeps, geeks, queers, foodies, hippies, knitters & crafters.
- We’ve got an easygoing, friendly atmosphere – we love hanging out but also cheerfully give each other introvert/alone time when needed with no hard feelings. We enjoy entertaining in a low-key way: friends round to dinner, craft nights, the occasional party or summer bbq, guests staying over from time to time.
- We love cooking together (& shopping at local markets), though it’s not a requirement of living here. We share expenses for some household staples (toilet paper, laundry soap, etc), and would be happy to share groceries and pantry staples if you want to cook/eat communally with us. We’re not vegetarian but are veg-friendly and eat lots of veg food.
- We have some basic, discussed & agreed upon house rules to keep responsibilities for cleaning (and expected levels of cleanliness) well-defined – so no one gets stressed about it.
- The house a is big, light-filled 3 bedroom share house; large bathroom, separate laundry, big front yard/smaller back yard w clothes line & vegetable garden & bbq, gas stove & dishwasher, central heating, aircon in living room, big open plan living area, carport & free on street parking.
- Located in a quiet but v conveniently placed street in Thornbury, just off St Georges Rd and south of Miller St. 112 tram < 5 mins walk away (15 mins to Brunswick St, 30 mins into city), South Morang line train 10 mins walk away (30 mins into city). There are a few great cafes/brunchy places within easy walking distance, and excellent bike paths.
- The available bedroom is on the small side: it can fit a double bed, bedside table(s) & shelves/clothes rack, lovely view onto green front yard with lots of natural light coming in, but sadly doesn’t have (and wouldn’t fit) a wardrobe or large chest of drawers.
- However, there’s a large linen closet just outside your bedroom door, where you can keep as much stuff as you like, as well as a big communal wardrobe in the hall for hanging things and a moderate amount of storage space in the backyard shed.
- The rest of house is well-furnished with our stuff, though we’d be happy to integrate yours if you have things. Communal storage & decoration in shared areas of the house is welcomed.
- We share all utilities including a very good Internet connection. These average around $100/person/month in total.
- Queer & kink & genderqueer/trans friendly, feminist and fat-positive
- A grown up
- Likes cooking & eating & sharing interesting food, esp more towards the vegetarian end of the spectrum (we are not vego, but meat occupies a pretty small part in our diets).
- Good at using your words, and happy to talk openly about & agree to following some basic share house “rules” to keep the place at a comfortable standard of cleanliness for everyone.
- Geek & fandom friendly, enjoys hanging out and watching a variety of tv/film/etc, from the trashy to the sublime (and sublimely trashy).
Interested? Comment here, email email@example.com or ping me on Twitter.